When I was a baby, my mom used to wipe with mini-soft towel to clean my bum after washing with water and use it to carry me for burping. She also used it when I got flu. She never experienced with wipes and diapers. She hates to see me using them to my baby. She gave me more advices not to use them because of chemicals. But her mini-soft towels are not super soft as Bummas. Nowadays, you and your baby are very lucky to get super soft mini-towel called Bummas to prevent irritating diaper rash without the use of powders, talcs, and ointments. But it works well for kids and adults too as they can use it for their sensitive skin.
My Parenting Tips:
- Best way to clean with warm water every time after pee, wipe dry with Bummas to prevent rash.
- Try to use cloth diaper during the day to prevent rash.
- If you want to use diaper, keep changing often after pee to prevent rash. Wash your baby's bum with warm water and dry out with Bummas. Leave your baby's bum to expose air for few minutes before putting on new diaper.
- When your child have high fever, soak Bummas with ice water and put it on your child's forehead to bring the fever down.
- Work to clean your baby or kids with warm water and cloth on their sensitive skin.
- Save money on diapers, powder, and ointment.
- Keep your baby safe and healthy free from diaper rash.
LOS ANGELES, California, August 5, 2008- Press Release:
Bummas, a new line of super soft and supple baby cloths, is helping new moms and dads say “bye bye” to uncomfortable and irritating diaper rashes. Developed by parents who suffered through diaper rashes with their own newborn son, Bummas are re-usable, eco-friendly, highly absorbent cloths designed to keep sensitive baby bottoms dry, fresh and chemical-free.
As any new parent knows, a baby’s skin is extremely sensitive. According to medical experts, diaper rashes—which commonly strike babies up to 15 months of age—are often caused by a reaction to chemicals and fragrances found in disposable wipes and diapers, or irritation from urine and stools. Since bacteria and yeast that thrive under warm, moist conditions further exacerbate diaper rashes, the best treatment is to keep a baby’s bottom clean and dry—the Bummas way.
Bummas, which are naturally hypoallergenic and antimicrobial, can be used two ways to help treat and prevent diaper rashes:
1) Use in Place of Chemical Wipes. Pediatricians are increasingly recommending that water be used to clean sensitive bums during diaper changes. Wet a Bummas with water, and wipe. No chemicals = no irritation!
2) Use to Pat Dry. Keeping a baby’s bottom dry is key to preventing diaper rash. Use a fresh, highly absorbent Bummas to gently pat the baby dry, then re-diaper.
As an added bonus, Bummas can also be used to stop those surprise squirts during diaper changes. Just cover as you reach for a new diaper. One Bummas will absorb an entire pee.
Bummas are quickly becoming an indispensable part of any diaper-changing regimen. They are light, easy to take on-the-go and machine washable without shrinking or fading. Made of woven velour terry cloth in a handy 5” X 7” size, Bummas are also available in a wide variety of attractive colors, perfect for hip, new parents with an eye for style.
Bummas, affordably priced at $16.99 for a package of 10, can be conveniently purchased online at www.bummas.com.